TuneIn

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kayton Roberts & The Rock Island Line



This makes me happy. Check out talented steel guitarist Kayton Roberts (along with Rob McNurlin on guitar and Jeff Ware on bass) as he entertains the kids at a Kentucky elementary school with Rock Island Line. Roberts played (non-pedal) steel guitar for Hank Snow for about thirty years, starting in the mid 1960s.

Watch as he expertly mimics the sounds of cows, pigs, dogs, mosquitoes, crying babies and laughing ladies with his steel guitar. I don't know who's having more fun, Kayton or the kids.

4 Comments:

Artie Mondello said...

That's about as awesome as anything gets. Wotta blast!

Bruce said...

I feel cheated, they never brought anything even remotely as good as this into my gradeschool - as a matter of fact I remember being chained to the desks. Thanks Greg this was a great way to start the day.

Greg G said...

Thanks, Artie.

Bruce, I was lucky enough to see Kayton Roberts perform last summer in Nashville, accompanying Chris Scruggs. It was a true delight, and every once in a while I head on over to YouTube to see if any new Kayton clips have surfaced, which how I discovered this gem. Glad you liked it. I bet I've watched it at least a dozen times already.

Holly said...

Thank you *so* much. Smiling all day!

add